kmail (could not start process for imap)

Thomas Stein t.stein at syseleven.de
Tue Oct 13 02:13:27 PDT 2009

Hello.

I have a few questions regarding kmail-4.3.2. I installed kmail
successfull via macports. When i first started kmail i was able to
configure my imap account and check for messages and recieved them and
so one. Everything was fine. But now i get the error message "Could not
start process for imap" after kmail has been started. Someone has an
idea whats causing this?

By the way, what is the correct way to start an macports X11
application? Do i have to run launchctl every time?

best regards and thanks
t.