Snow Leopard ate my ports

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Oct 13 12:22:48 PDT 2009

On Oct 13, 2009, at 3:00 PM, Alexy Khrabrov wrote:
> -- record all ports with all variants needed to reinstall them

port installed lists the ports with their variants.

> -- in correct order of dependencies

I don't think that you can do this with a simple port foo command.

> -- and feed it to a new, empty port install?

you could probably use the port installed output to generate a list of
commands for port, it shouldn't matter too much if it's not in
dependency order since port will install dependencies when they are
needed and if they're listed later it'll just say "already installed"
for that port.

--
Daniel J. Luke