unison 2.32 declared stable

Chris Scharver cssdev at mac.com
Sun Oct 25 05:09:00 PDT 2009

On Oct 20, 2009, at 4:20 AM, joerg van den hoff wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 04:25:33 +0200, <cssdev at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Oct 16, 2009, at 9:34 AM, Joerg van den Hoff wrote:
>>
>>> unison 2.32 has been finally declared stable a few weeks ago. any
>>> chance
>>> to see this version soon in macports?
>>
>> It looks like it takes some patching to get 2.32 to work properly
>> on Snow Leopard. See http://trac.macports.org/ticket/21862
>
> thanks for responding. but the ticket seems to say that it refers to
> a problem with 2.27 on snow leopard which could be fixed by moving
> to 2.32?
> the problem being related to the aqua interface?
>
> well, I would be happy with a command line only anyway (and for the
> time being for 10.4.11...)

There appear to be some extra patches required to make 2.32 compile on
Snow Leopard. I had to apply the patches in the ticket just to get the
command line version to compile. But it worked, although the
compatibility problems with previous versions might give pause to
committing the new version.

Chris