Bad CPU type in executable

Dennis C dcswest at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 15:21:29 PDT 2009

Cannot believe it!  I just realized that the Apple store where I had this
Mini Mac in for repair apparently replaced the board with a Core Duo CPU
instead of the Core 2 Duo CPU I took it in with!  Not exactly sure why only
the MacPorts programs crashed and not any of the Quartz ones, but at least
it explains the immediate problem...

I did also start a discussion on the Qtstalker mailing list and the
development version's based on Qt4 where someone even has it all running on
their Mac albeit on Tiger, so it may be totally doable once we hopefully
resolve this Qt4 on Snow Leopard issue...