Two errors compiling wine-devel

William Davis frstan at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 2 22:56:05 PDT 2009

On Sep 2, 2009, at 9:15 PM, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2009-9-3 10:54, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>>> How do I do that?
>>
>> For each port that is a dependency of wine, e.g. freetype:
>>
>> sudo port upgrade --force freetype +universal
>>
>> (I think this is the new correct syntax for 1.8.0.)
>
> I'd use --enforce-variants rather than --force to avoid rebuilding
> anything that happens to be universal already.
>
> - Josh

Couldn't --enforce-variants be used to fix the 32bit/64bit problem we
were discussing earlier? Would
sudo port install [or upgrade] --enforce-variants wine +universal
cause all of wines dependents that weren't already universal to be (re)
built universal? Or if it doesn't how hard would it be to make it
behave that way?  The --enforce-variants code is already
there..........Could it be invoked in the portfile off wine instead of
being on the command line??

William Davis
frstanATbellsouthDOTnet
Mac OS X ver 10.6 Darwin 10.6
XQuartz 2.3.4 (xorg-server 1.4.2-apple45)
Mac Mini Intel Duo @ 1.86 GHz

Mundus vult decepi, ego non