Two errors compiling wine-devel

Payam Minoofar payam.minoofar at meissner.com
Thu Sep 3 09:17:24 PDT 2009

On Sep 2, 2009, at 10:57 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> Couldn't --enforce-variants be used to fix the 32bit/64bit problem
>> we were discussing earlier? Would
>> sudo port install [or upgrade] --enforce-variants wine +universal
>> cause all of wines dependents that weren't already universal to be
>> (re)built universal?
>
> That sounds plausible. I have not tried it yet.

I get this error:

[mac0023329b341a:~] payam% sudo port install --enforce-variants wine
+universal
Error: install does not accept --enforce-variants

So, if install doesn't accept enforce-variants, how do I upgrade a
port that hasn't been installed yet? I guess I have to force install
freetype, get wine to install, and then use enforce-variants to upgrade?

Thank you all very much.

Payam