Two errors compiling wine-devel

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Sep 3 09:27:47 PDT 2009

On Sep 3, 2009, at 11:17, Payam Minoofar wrote:

> On Sep 2, 2009, at 10:57 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>>> Couldn't --enforce-variants be used to fix the 32bit/64bit problem
>>> we were discussing earlier? Would
>>> sudo port install [or upgrade] --enforce-variants wine +universal
>>> cause all of wines dependents that weren't already universal to be
>>> (re)built universal?
>>
>> That sounds plausible. I have not tried it yet.
>
> I get this error:
>
> [mac0023329b341a:~] payam% sudo port install --enforce-variants wine
> +universal
> Error: install does not accept --enforce-variants

That's correct. --enforce-variants forces "port upgrade" to do
upgrades it wouldn't ordinarily do. If the port isn't installed yet,
there's nothing to upgrade.

> So, if install doesn't accept enforce-variants, how do I upgrade a
> port that hasn't been installed yet? I guess I have to force install
> freetype, get wine to install, and then use enforce-variants to
> upgrade?

Well... I was going to say if the dependencies aren't installed yet,
just

sudo port install wine +universal

and all dependencies will inherit the variant. But of course wine
itself doesn't have a universal variant. I don't know what will
happen. You could try it.