Trying to rebuild on 10.6

Savory Michael msavory1 at nzbox.com
Fri Sep 4 17:25:32 PDT 2009

Hi Mark

If you only have one machine, and that one is critical for you. Then I
suggest you buy a USB external drive (available for around $60 now).
Then you can clone your current install play with Snow Leopard and
port upgrades until you are satisfied.

Restoration to your untouched system is then just a reboot away.

Once you are happy with the USB based system upgrade, then just clone
it back to your internal drive.
That is how I manage all my upgrades/major changes.

Mike
  p.s. I use Super Duper for cloning  http://www.shirt-pocket.com/