Open Al: No universal variant in the port tree

Michael_google gmail_Gersten keybounce at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 14:38:48 PDT 2009

> If you look into this, you might also want to update the version. The
> request to update to version 1.1 was filed almost two years ago:
>
> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/13587
>
> Perhaps an even newer version is available by now.

<sigh>.

OpenAl has been part of the OsX distribution since 10.4.

This program (up til now) has worked fine on 10.3, and I think 10.2.

Does anyone know an easy way, in general, to create a program such
that it will link with a system provided library, if present, or a
user provided version if it is not? If so, I can just make a PPC
version for the old people, and not worry about it after that.