Upgrading to Snow Leopard makes my programs no longer link to ports

Paul Dennis Simonson psimonso at illinois.edu
Wed Sep 9 13:10:58 PDT 2009

Thanks for the tip.  I tried using

sudo port upgrade --enforce-variants freeimage +universal

and it seemed to compile just fine.  I then went back to XCode and
added the i386 architecture (in addition to x86_64).  I compiled and
still got a warning (and error messages) saying that
libfreeimage.dylib (again, I was trying to link to libfreeimage.a) was
of the wrong architecture.  This seems to indicate to me that it did
not in fact build the i386.  When I try to just use the x86_64
architecture in XCode, it builds just fine.  I have not tested it on
other ports.