installation failed

andi c andi.qld at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 16:30:05 PDT 2009

Hi, below I've listed my terminal output when trying to install an outdated
port. All those trouble started with Snowlopard. After installing it,
MacPort didn't
work anymore. Installed the latest MacPort version for SnowLeopard but no
luck. I have several outdated ports, but the output is almost the same for
all
of them.
I didn't change my .profile because it worked perfect prior to SnowLeopard.
Anyway, here is just the path bit:
export
PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/lib/mysql5/:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:$PATH

My Machine:
MackBook with Mac OS X 10.6
XCode version 3.2
X11 version 2.3.4
Dev Tools installed (compiler etc gc++ 4.2.1)

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Cheers

andrea

sudo port -u upgrade xorg-libXcursor
Warning: Skipping upgrade since ncursesw 5.7_0 >= ncursesw 5.7_0, even
though installed variants "" do not match "+darwin_10". Use 'upgrade
--enforce-variants' to switch to the requested variants.
Warning: Skipping upgrade since ncurses 5.7_0 >= ncurses 5.7_0, even though
installed variants "" do not match "+darwin_10". Use 'upgrade
--enforce-variants' to switch to the requested variants.
Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
--->  Computing dependencies for xorg-libXcursor
--->  Fetching xorg-libXcursor
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for xorg-libXcursor
--->  Extracting xorg-libXcursor
--->  Configuring xorg-libXcursor
--->  Building xorg-libXcursor
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_x11_xorg-libXcursor/work/libXcursor-1.1.10"
&& /usr/bin/make -j2 all " returned error 2
Command output:   "_XRenderCreateCursor", referenced from:
      _XcursorImageLoadCursor in cursor.o
  "_XCreatePixmap", referenced from:
      _XcursorImageLoadCursor in cursor.o
      _XcursorImageLoadCursor in cursor.o
      _XcursorImageLoadCursor in cursor.o
  "_XLoadFont", referenced from:
      __XcursorCreateFontCursor in cursor.o
  "_XRenderFreePicture", referenced from:
      _XcursorImageLoadCursor in cursor.o
  "_XCreateGC", referenced from:
      _XcursorImageLoadCursor in cursor.o
      _XcursorImageLoadCursor in cursor.o
  "_XFreePixmap", referenced from:
      _XcursorImageLoadCursor in cursor.o
      _XcursorImageLoadCursor in cursor.o
      _XcursorImageLoadCursor in cursor.o
  "_XFreeGC", referenced from:
      _XcursorImageLoadCursor in cursor.o
      _XcursorImageLoadCursor in cursor.o
  "__XLockMutex_fn", referenced from:
      __XcursorCloseDisplay in display.o
      __XcursorGetDisplayInfo in display.o
  "_XRenderQueryExtension", referenced from:
      __XcursorGetDisplayInfo in display.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [libXcursor.la] Error 1