Two errors compiling wine-devel

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Sep 13 16:59:51 PDT 2009

On Sep 13, 2009, at 12:01, teshler wrote:

> I have been having similar problems.  I ran "sudo port -d
> install..." as you
> suggested for wine-devel.  I have attached the output.  Hopefully
> you can
> figure out what is going on.
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p25424602/wine-devel.txt wine-devel.txt

Your output includes this line:

ld: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libX11.dylib, file is not of required
architecture

This means libX11.dylib isn't built for the i386 architecture like
wine needs it to be. Either rebuild libX11.dylib and all other wine
dependencies with build_arch set to "i386", or probably better,
rebuild all wine dependencies with the +universal variant and
universal_archs set to "x86_64 i386" (which is the default).