unable to upgrade apache2 on snow leopard

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Tue Sep 15 09:06:37 PDT 2009

On 2009-09-15 , at 08:36 , Todd Eddy wrote:

> So far most packages have upgraded but apache hasn't worked since I
> installed snow leopard and still having problems upgrading.  Tried
> searching for the error and all the suggestions I could find didn't
> really help.  At the point now where I'm considering installing
> everything from scratch but hope I can avoid that.

I thought I had built things from scratch, but hadn't really done

  rm -rf /opt/local/*

all sorts of problems ensued.

I installed MacPorts 1.8, completely cleaned out /opt/local (really
made the files go away), and re-installed from the beginning.

It appears to be the only reliable way.

All my ports are happy now.

8)