py26-scipy dependencies

Luís Beça luis.beca at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 11:43:34 PDT 2009

Hi

This is probably a stupid question but I'm trying to install py26-
scipy +gcc44 on Snow Leopard.

port deps py26-scipy +gcc44 says that scipy depends on python26, py26-
numpy, py26-nose,
SuiteSparse, swig, gcc44 all of which I have installed. However, when
I try to install scipy, ports
starts building ruby, apache and a bunch of other stuff that don't
seem related to scipy at all.

I know this is probably related to the default swig port that calls
for ruby, php, etc but I already have
swig installed (but only with the python extension; I don't care for
the others) so scipy should just build
without all the ruby, apache, etc stuff I don't care about, right?

Thanks
Luís