MacPorts flvstreamer install work around

Mine i.cue at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Sep 22 14:33:15 PDT 2009

Hi,

After a long time trying and with lots of advice, I have been able to
get get_iplayer working
using /opt/local/bin/perl5.8.8 -w get_iplayer. Now I am trying to get
flvstreamer
install so I can dowload HD programs from the BBC. I searched but
could not find a MacPorts
version of flvstreamer.

Could someone tell me if there is a work around for getting
flvstreamer installed so that it will
work in conjunction with my MacPort install of Perl 5.8.8. There are
source files available at the following
address:  http://ftp.twaren.net/Unix/NonGNU/flvstreamer/source/
flvstreamer-1.8k.tar.gz. And a universal binary:
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases-noredirect/flvstreamer/
macosx/flvstreamer_macosx_unified_binary_latest

Not sure what a universal binary is or how to install it, so any
suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Terrence