MacPorts flvstreamer install work around

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Tue Sep 22 17:17:36 PDT 2009

I just downloaded it, no idea what it is, or how it works, but I
looked at the README and did this:

For Mac OSX to create a universal binary (intel and ppc):

  $ make -f MakefileOSX flvstreamer

 From there, I was able to:
./flvstreamer -r rtmp://cyzy7r959.rtmphost.com/flowplayer/metacafe

It seems to connect up and in this case, send binary data to STDOUT,
which is probably not right, but shows the "server" which is what I
think this is, works.

It would appear this is just a matter of making a portfile to run the
installation commands and put the binary in the correct location.

I am not 100% sure you *need* to do that, you could just download the
already OS X ready binary, and use that, then point the player at this
server.  That is, if I understand what these binaries are generally up
to.

Making the port file is not terribly hard, I suspect this would be one
of the simpler ones, it builds out in all of 10 seconds.  Maybe give
it a shot and see where you get?