MacPorts 1.8.1 has been released

Joe Schnide jschnide at umn.edu
Tue Sep 29 04:27:43 PDT 2009

Morning,

I have had problems with macports and Snow Leopard. I was able to
resolve those issues on an MBP Intel 10.6 by uninstalling macports
completely and installing MacPorts-1.8.0-10.6-SnowLeopard. I was
able to install most of the ports I had under 10.5.x. I have since
upgraded to 10.6.1.

I attempted the same thing with an Intel iMac 10.6.1. I removed
macports completely and am having problems installing macports.
If I use the 1.8.0 dmg, I get the error:
MacPorts-1.8.0 can't be installed on this computer.
The specified message could not be found for the index 16.

I then tried to install with the 1.8.1 dmg and get the error:
MacPorts-1.8.1 can't be installed on this computer.
This package is meant to be installed on Mac OS X 10.6

I made certain there is nothing in /opt except a cisco directory
that has some VPN items.

Is there something I missed or further information that needs
to be provided? Is there a workaround to get macports installed
on 10.6.1?

Thanks
Joe
--