wget-1.12_0: C compiler cannot create executables

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Sep 29 23:13:46 PDT 2009

On Sep 30, 2009, at 00:50, mirimiri66 at gmail.com wrote:

>> It works fine for me. Can you send me the aforementioned config.log?
>
> This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
> running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

[snip]

> configure:3302: checking for C compiler default output file name
> configure:3324: /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -O2 -arch i386 -I/opt/local/include
> -L/opt/local/lib -liconv -lintl -L/opt/local/lib -lssl -lcrypto -
> lz   conftest.c  >&5
> ld: library not found for -lintl

> It seems be choking on libintl.

Agreed. libintl is provided by gettext. The wget port does declare a
dependency on the gettext port. Is gettext installed? (find out with
"port install gettext") Can you build other software that requires
gettext? (a whole lot of ports use gettext so it shouldn't be hard to
find one)

P.S: Use Reply All so your reply goes to the list too, not just to me.