wget-1.12_0: C compiler cannot create executables

seron mirimiri66 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 23:47:44 PDT 2009

I forced a rebuild with of gettext with:

sudo port upgrade --force gettext

I then got the error message:

Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error:
/opt/local/lib/libintl.8.0.2.dylib already exists and does not belong to a
registered port.  Unable to activate port gettext.

After removing the offending file and activating gettext I could upgrade
wget.

Thank you for your help.