Inkscape-bin crash: was "Re: Inkscape crazy slow"

~suv suv-sf at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 30 03:59:42 PDT 2009

On 29/9/09 18:57, Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2009, at 10:54 AM, ~suv wrote:
>
>> On 29/9/09 15:07, Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD wrote:
>>>
>>> I wish I could get to crazy slow. When I launch, I get "inkscape-bin
>>> quit unexpectedly" then a problem report to send to Apple.
>>>
>>> I upgraded (uninstalled, then installed) libxml to no avail. Any
>>> thoughts on this? I'm not sure how to replace the libxml.dylib with a
>>> newer version (or where to find one). I did try replacing
>>> /usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib with
>>> /opt/local/var/macports/software/libxml2/2.7.3_0/opt/local/lib/libxml2.2.7.3.dylib
>>>
>>> (renamed, of course) to no avail. Does anybody else have this problem or
>>> better, know a solution?
>>
>> <...>
>>
>>> Dyld Error Message:
>>>  Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib
>>>  Referenced from:
>>> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/DictionaryServices.framework/Versions/A/DictionaryServices
>>>
>>>  Reason: Incompatible library version: DictionaryServices requires
>>> version 10.0.0 or later, but libxml2.2.dylib provides version 9.0.0
>>
>> This is not related to MacPorts - I assume you use the pre-built binary
>> package Inkscape 0.46-2 from sf.net? This version doesn't run on Snow
>> Leopard due to incompatible library versions, the issue has been fixed
>> for 0.47.
>>
>> Please try the latest prerelease package 'Inkscape 0.47pre3-2 Leopard+'
>> from <http://sourceforge.net/projects/inkscape/files/inkscape/0.47pre3/>
>>
>> This is bug #392693 in Inkscape: “Conflict between bundled and system
>> libxml dylib”: <https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/392693>
>

> Thanks! I thought it was one and the same. I just ran it in X, which is
> fine by me.

I don't understand what you mean with 'just ran it in X, which is fine
by me'.

Which version of Inkscape did crash with above quoted dyld error message
a) the binary package Inkscape 0.46 you downloaded from inkscape.org (or
sourceforge.net) or
b) one you installed with MacPorts using 'sudo port install inkscape' ?

Do you still see the same crash and error message with the most recent
prerelease build of Inkscape 0.47pre3?

~suv

P.S: Use Reply All so your reply goes to the list too, not just to me.