build_arch

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Wed Sep 30 14:31:43 PDT 2009

On 2009-10-1 05:28, Scott Haneda wrote:
> Also, if I do not want to edit the conf file, is there a way for me to
> just hand pick which will get 64 bit?  Can I simply sudo port install
> php5 +universal?  Or are most ports not ready for that type of variant?

You can choose which ports will build universal with the variant. Check
`port variants php5`. Note that universal_archs does not include ppc64
unless you edit macports.conf. Also note that all dependencies of a port
installed with +universal must also be +universal.

> If I have php as a 32 bit now, and would like to just rebuild that one
> and maintain all my configs and settings, but have it be 64 bit, what is
> the procedure?

Sounds like you want something like
`sudo port upgrade --enforce-variants php5 +universal`.

- Josh