Exif data reading from the command line

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Sun Apr 4 15:13:43 PDT 2010

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 17:53, Scott Haneda <talklists at newgeo.com> wrote:

> I am looking for something to easily read mostly image exif data.  Arbitrary file data such as mp3 tags and other misc file attributes would be a plus.

exif, exiftags, jhead, and exiv2 are all pretty decently
straightforward to use.  jhead outputs the least by default, so you
might end up having to read the man page a bit if you need more than
the basics (what fields do you need?).  I actually kinda like the
output of exiv2.

To be honest, just run the following, get a drink, and when you get
back (1-2 minutes) give each a try, uninstall what you don't need:
port install exif exiftags exiv2 jhead

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp eabb6fe6 d47c500f b2458f5d a7cc7abb f81c4e00