Exif data reading from the command line

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Sun Apr 4 17:18:34 PDT 2010

On Apr 4, 2010, at 3:09 PM, Faisal Moledina wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 5:53 PM, Scott Haneda <talklists at newgeo.com> wrote:
>> port search exif brings up a nice batch of stuff.  Any suggestions?  I am looking for a pretty simple `./whatever image.jpg` and be done with it.
>
> First hit from port search exif is exif @0.6.17. Haven't used it
> extensively but `exif IMG_2358.jpg` brings up quite a bit of EXIF
> data.

Yeah, just installed it and it does work as advertised.  Odd that images with no exist data have such a harsh return message:

    $exif -d home_photo_rappensuncle.jpg
    ExifLoader: Scanning 1024 byte(s) of data...
    ExifLoader: Scanning 1004 byte(s) of data...
    Corrupt data
    The data provided does not follow the specification.

    ExifLoader: The data supplied does not seem to contain EXIF data.
    'home_photo_rappensuncle.jpg' is not readable or does not contain
    EXIF data!

Thanks for the pointer though, this is working perfect for my needs.