gnumeric will not install

reiser.paul at gmail.com reiser.paul at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 19:45:11 PDT 2010

Hi Ryan - I'm getting worried. Three programs I absolutely have to have to
do my work are gnumeric, GDL, and gimp. After this build of libxslt, my GDL
has gone down with the following message:

dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
  Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/convert
  Reason: Incompatible library version: convert requires version 8.0.0 or
later, but libiconv.2.dylib provides version 7.0.0

Before I do sudo port clean all, I want to make sure I am not digging myself
deeper into a hole. If gimp goes down too, I'm dead.

I think you are probably right about the old stuff. My computer crashed real
hard a while back, and in the process of putting the pieces back together I
had to upgrade to Snow Leopard. I managed to get GDL and gimp working again,
but maybe not in the best way possible. Does this change the scenario? If
not, i will enter the two commands you suggested:

sudo port clean all
sudo port -d install libxslt 2>&1 | tee ~/Desktop/libxslt.txt

Again, thanks for your help on this, you can tell I'm in a bit over my head,
but I cannot afford the thousands of dollars needed for IDL, Photoshop, and
so forth. I'm pretty good with those programs, but with this installation
process not so much.

Paul R.