gnumeric will not install

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Apr 11 23:31:04 PDT 2010

On Apr 11, 2010, at 21:45, reiser.paul at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi Ryan - I'm getting worried. Three programs I absolutely have to have to do my work are gnumeric, GDL, and gimp. After this build of libxslt, my GDL has gone down with the following message:
>
> dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
>   Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/convert
>   Reason: Incompatible library version: convert requires version 8.0.0 or later, but libiconv.2.dylib provides version 7.0.0

That's another common symptom that the libiconv installed by MacPorts is not the architecture needed by your computer now, and the libiconv it's finding instead is the one provided by Mac OS X, which is an older version.

> Before I do sudo port clean all, I want to make sure I am not digging myself deeper into a hole. If gimp goes down too, I'm dead.

"sudo port clean all" will do nothing but clean any in-progress builds you may have. It will not uninstall any ports or do anything bad.

> I think you are probably right about the old stuff. My computer crashed real hard a while back, and in the process of putting the pieces back together I had to upgrade to Snow Leopard.

If you upgraded to Snow Leopard, you must uninstall all ports you installed before upgrading to Snow Leopard, and reinstall them. See the Migration page:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration