gnumeric will not install

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Apr 12 09:55:28 PDT 2010

On Apr 12, 2010, at 11:47, reiser.paul at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi - following the steps on http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration, the first step was "port installed > myports.txt" I have attached the terminal output (Migration1.txt) and the myports.txt file. Everything seems ok.
>
> Step 2 was "sudo port -f uninstall installed > Migration2.txt" (I added > Migration2.txt). I have attached the Migration2.txt adding the command and a terminal output message which was "Error: Qgis requires python".
>
> Im wondering if this error means I should take care of this before proceeding? Ultimately, I would like to have gnumeric, GDL, GIMP, and ImageMagick running on my machine.
>
> Thanks -
> Paul R.
> <Migration1.txt><Migration2.txt><myports.txt>

Ok, looks like you successfully created the list of ports you had installed, and uninstalled them, and cleaned all ports. Now you can move on to reinstalling the ports you want.

The message "Qgis requires python" is being printed by the qgis port, which presumably you are not interested in. You can ignore it. I filed a ticket requesting this error message be fixed so it only shows up when it's relevant:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/24455