gimp2 +no_x11 needing +quartz

Michael_google gmail_Gersten keybounce at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 22:25:07 PDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Lenore Horner
<LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> http://www.gimp.org/macintosh/
>
> This is the X11 version only however.  If you want an X11-free version, you
> will need to use MacPorts and variants.
>
> gimp2 @2.6.8_0+darwin_9+no_x11+quartz (active)

That "+quartz" actually came as a surprise. I tried

sudo port -f install  gimp2 +no_x11

And it got as far as

Applying patches to gtk2
--->  Configuring gtk2
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: cairo must be built
with the +quartz variant enabled.

Kleiman-ibook:~ michael$ port installed cairo
  cairo @1.8.10_0+macosx+no_x11 (active)

So why does gimp2, +no_x11, not force the +quartz flag to its
dependencies? Are end users supposed to track what dependencies
require what additional dependencies?
--
Political and economic blog of a strict constitutionalist
http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.com