Problems installing ports

Jason DeBacker jason.debacker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 07:44:21 PDT 2010

Thanks for all the help.  I have still not successfully installed qtoctave,
but I'm at least getting closer.

Not sure why, but sed was in usr/local/bin not usr/bin.  I copied and moved
it to usr/bin, but it was for the wrong architeture (I have i386).  I
installed Snow Leopard again and got past the problem with sed (using verfiy
disk revealed repairs needed, before, but not after reinstalling Snow
Leopard).  I then had to reinstall Xcode from the Snow Leopard disk because
I was missing something from the Unix developer tools.

My current road block has to do with .dylib file in usr/local/bin not being
of the right architecture.  I read about a solution to this on an
old MacPorts ticket, but have not had a chance to see if it works.  Will try
tonight.

I'll post all my problems and solutions when successful.

Thanks,
Jason