Python Class Library for Numbers package.

David Nicholls david at mso.anu.edu.au
Mon Apr 26 01:22:57 PDT 2010

OK, I've worked on this a bit further.

I have installed the MacPorts 'cln' package - it installs the cln/
directory in /opt/local/include/

With that in place, the calcrpn-py package installs OK. (It is needed by
clnum).

The next step is to install the clnum module, as per
http://calcrpnpy.sourceforge.net/clnumManual.html  I can't get it to
find the numerous .h files that need to be included, because of a path
problem.

I'm pretty sure that the problem lies in the command as given on the
above web page (run from within ipython run via sudo):

run clnum_setup.py install --prefix=/usr/local

The various '.h' files have a whole bunch of #include statements with
files named like 'cln/xxx.h'

A typical line is:

#include "cln/types.h"

and the install process cannot find any of the "cln/xxx.h" files.

Hoping that there was some sort of global prefix process I could use, I
have tried a variety of "--prefix=..." variants without any luck.  (eg
--prefix=/opt/local/include)

I could replace all the 'cln/' strings in the .h files and in clnum.cpp
with '/opt/local/include/cln/' (and there are dozens of them in a lot of
files) but that's pretty crude and I'm sure there's a more elegant way.

Any suggestions?

DN