Problems compiling in snow leopard

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.net
Mon Apr 26 07:55:02 PDT 2010

Hi,

I need to compile packages in snow leopard but it seems that by default
snow leopard compiles in 64 bits.

I'm forcing 32 bit compiling by modifying /opt/local/etc/macports.conf
variable

universal_archs   x86_32   i386

It happens that while building gstreamer and gst-plugins-base i'm having
problems with for example the python package
which is linking againsts a framework from snow leopard which is
probably 64 bit. dont have sure

i'm also having problems when building ffmpeg. it reports a problem
about being unable to create executable about cross compiling...

does anybody know how to work around this problems?

Thanks,

Nuno