gv and ghostscript

John B Brown jbb at vcn.com
Wed Apr 28 11:15:57 PDT 2010

On 4/28/10 10:30 AM, Rainer Müller wrote:
> On 27.04.2010 22:08, John B Brown wrote:
>>      gcc only looks in /usr/local/include if you did not configure it
>> with --prefix=/usr after editing the prefix entry in the configure file
>> to reflect that as the install tree.
>
> MacPorts uses Apple supplied compilers from Xcode. Therefore we cannot
> influence the configure flags at all.
>
> Rainer

	Does that mean my env does not control the macport compiles? I set
'export CC=`which gcc`' in my .bash_profile. I've set my path so that
/usr/local/bin comes before /opt/local/bin and my library load paths to
look at /usr/local/lib first.

	That means my CC is set for gcc in /usr/local/bin which is gcc-4.5.0
which bootstrapped and installed cleanly. Doesn't macports look to
/usr/local/lib first for libs as it compiles and runs?

	Shalom,

	John B. Brown.
	[jbb at vcn.com]
	358 High Street,
	Buffalo, Wyoming
	82834

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include
the freedom to make mistakes"  Mahatma Gandhi
"If any question why we died, tell them,
because our fathers lied."  Rudyard Kipling
"A man who does not know the truth is just an idiot
but a man who knows the truth and calls it a lie
is a crook."  Bertolt Brecht
"I wonder whether the world is being run
by smart people who are putting us on
or by imbeciles who really mean it."  Mark Twain