Installing kdenlive: The continuing saga.

Steve Morris steve at judgement.com
Wed Apr 28 22:56:07 PDT 2010

Ryan. I did not mean to complain about the Macports work. I think it
is a tremendous thing. I realize that I just happen to want something
obscure that doesn't get touched often so it gets rusty. I am amazed
that so much does work. It is just that I am getting pretty fried.
I've put a lot of time into this. I'm a bit old to be up in the wee
hours like this.

What am I supposed to do to apply the latest Portfile patch? I did the
update sequence again (port selfupdate; port upgrade outdated; port
clean mlt; port install mlt) and got the same error in have_mmx.S. I
checked the build area and --disable-mmx is not shown in
configfile.log. I didn't understand how to translate the Portfile diff
(where do Portfiles live?) so I wasn't sure whether the change
intended to take it out or put it in. Just to test I manually reran
configure with --disable-mmx added and got a different failure:

ltDeque.o MltEvent.o MltFactory.o MltField.o MltFilter.o
MltFilteredConsumer.o MltFilteredProducer.o MltFrame.o MltGeometry.o
MltMultitrack.o MltParser.o MltPlaylist.o MltProducer.o MltProfile.o
MltProperties.o MltPushConsumer.o MltRepository.o MltService.o
MltTokeniser.o MltTractor.o MltTransition.o  -L../framework -lmlt
ln -sf libmlt++.0.5.2.dylib libmlt++.dylib
ln -sf libmlt++.0.5.2.dylib libmlt++.3.dylib
cc -Wall -fPIC -DPIC   -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer   -DUSE_SSE2 -g
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D__DARWIN__  -I..
-DVERSION=\"0.5.2\"   -c -o melt.o melt.c
melt.c:33:17: error: SDL.h: No such file or directory
melt.c: In function ‘event_handling’:
melt.c:181: error: ‘SDL_Event’ undeclared (first use in this function)
melt.c:181: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
melt.c:181: error: for each function it appears in.)
melt.c:181: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘event’
melt.c:183: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘SDL_PollEvent’
melt.c:183: error: ‘event’ undeclared (first use in this function)
melt.c:187: error: ‘SDL_QUIT’ undeclared (first use in this function)
melt.c:191: error: ‘SDL_KEYDOWN’ undeclared (first use in this function)
make[1]: *** [melt.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1