Installing kdenlive: The continuing saga.

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Apr 28 23:02:07 PDT 2010

On Apr 29, 2010, at 00:56, Steve Morris wrote:

> Ryan. I did not mean to complain about the Macports work. I think it
> is a tremendous thing. I realize that I just happen to want something
> obscure that doesn't get touched often so it gets rusty. I am amazed
> that so much does work. It is just that I am getting pretty fried.
> I've put a lot of time into this. I'm a bit old to be up in the wee
> hours like this.
>
> What am I supposed to do to apply the latest Portfile patch? I did the
> update sequence again (port selfupdate; port upgrade outdated; port
> clean mlt; port install mlt) and got the same error in have_mmx.S. I
> checked the build area and --disable-mmx is not shown in
> configfile.log. I didn't understand how to translate the Portfile diff
> (where do Portfiles live?) so I wasn't sure whether the change
> intended to take it out or put it in. Just to test I manually reran
> configure with --disable-mmx added and got a different failure:

The Guide explains where portfiles live and how to apply patches to them:

http://guide.macports.org/chunked/development.patches.html#development.patches.applying

> ltDeque.o MltEvent.o MltFactory.o MltField.o MltFilter.o
> MltFilteredConsumer.o MltFilteredProducer.o MltFrame.o MltGeometry.o
> MltMultitrack.o MltParser.o MltPlaylist.o MltProducer.o MltProfile.o
> MltProperties.o MltPushConsumer.o MltRepository.o MltService.o
> MltTokeniser.o MltTractor.o MltTransition.o  -L../framework -lmlt
> ln -sf libmlt++.0.5.2.dylib libmlt++.dylib
> ln -sf libmlt++.0.5.2.dylib libmlt++.3.dylib
> cc -Wall -fPIC -DPIC   -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer   -DUSE_SSE2 -g
> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D__DARWIN__  -I..
> -DVERSION=\"0.5.2\"   -c -o melt.o melt.c
> melt.c:33:17: error: SDL.h: No such file or directory

You probably haven't set all the environment variables that MacPorts sets for you (CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, LDFLAGS, etc.), so it doesn't know how to find the dependencies it needs (SDL in this case). It will be easier to just modify the portfile using the patch above.