ffmpeg edit v0.6 fail on build

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Aug 1 15:59:47 PDT 2010

On Aug 1, 2010, at 17:14, Altoine Barker wrote:

> I am running OSX 10.5.8 on a G4 PPC using Macports 1.9.1. I receive the
> following error after running the command `port edit ffmpeg` scroll down
> to the configure.args and add the line  `--disable-doc` by first
> enabling insert by pressing the letter 'i' so that I can get past the
> bug: http://trac.macports.org/ticket/25803 that stops on compile because
> of texi2html issue. I then press `esc`, followed by `:wq`.

You may note that ticket has already been resolved. "sudo port selfupdate" to receive the fix.

> I then run
> `port -d install ffmpeg` and receive the following error:
> <snip>
> There is a ticketLD    libavutil/libavutil.50.dylib
> ld: library not found for -lavutil
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> gmake: *** [libavutil/libavutil.50.dylib] Error 1
> shell command " cd
> "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_multimedia_ffmpeg/work/ffmpeg-0.6"
> && gmake all " returned error 2
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command failed
> DEBUG: Backtrace: shell command failed
>    while executing
> "command_exec build"
>    (procedure "portbuild::build_main" line 8)
>    invoked from within
> "$procedure $targetname"
> Warning: the following items did not execute (for ffmpeg):
> org.macports.activate org.macports.build org.macports.destroot
> org.macports.install
> Log for ffmpeg is at:
> /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_multimedia_ffmpeg/main.log
> To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>
> </snip>
>
> I don't know how I should report this error on the bug trac. Should this
> be listed as a new bug before the official addition of the patched
> change by jeremyhu or add on to the original ticket for the texi2html issue?

Since this new error has nothing to do with texi2html it doesn't belong in the existing ticket.

We have had another report of this problem on the list recently but I don't see a ticket filed, so please file a separate ticket for this and include the full log.