trac.macports.org/ticket/25815

Jeff Singleton gvibe06 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 19:16:18 PDT 2010

Agreed .. It is this error from the config.err file:

       gcc-4.0: -E, -S, -save-temps and -M options are not allowed
with multiple -arch flags

I hit this with wxWidgets-devel when trying to build universal...my
guess there are some dependencies that need to be rebuilt with
universal. I'm back tracking all of the rdeps for wxWidgets-devel to
make sure the ones that can are built universal....I did this with
libvpx as well....took a minute...but in the end, libvpx is compiled
in installed.  I'm hoping the same ends for wxWidgets-devel.

One thing I am learning .... If you want to build it, you should
research all rdeps of the rdeps for the Port you want to build...If
you need universal, then make sure everything down the line prior to
the main build was built with the correct variants.

No lopsided archs supported :/