checksum error for slocate

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Aug 5 12:31:24 PDT 2010

On Aug 5, 2010, at 08:40, Matthew Gordon wrote:

> I've been trying to install slocate and am getting a checksum error.  Looks like the developers page is down and I suspect that a stealth upgrade took place.  Can anyone confirm?  I can't seem to find older files to compare it with.

Which server did the bad distfile come from? See:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#checksums

The file is certainly available from our central distfiles mirror:

http://distfiles.macports.org/slocate/

Several of the mirrors that were listed in the port did not have the file, and two of the servers did not exist anymore; if you have a DNS server on your network that does not correctly report the nonexistence of servers, then you would have received a checksum error as a result. MacPorts 1.9.2 and up will detect this problem and refer you to the following page which has more information and suggestions:

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/MisbehavingServers

I removed these bad mirrors now:

http://trac.macports.org/changeset/70305

So you could "sudo port selfupdate", "sudo port clean --all slocate", and try again. If it still fails, show us what mirror the download came from.