checksum error for slocate

Matthew Gordon matthewgor at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 12:50:55 PDT 2010

Yep, makes perfect sense.  I watched the output in terminal and found it
was still trying to hit the trakker site.  So, I just tried the "port
selfupdate" followed by the "clean --all slocate" again and still got
the error.  So, I just switched them, did the "clean --all" then
"selfupdate" and this time it hit the slackware server for a good
install.  I've got internal DNS running at my office but they forward to
opendns servers that we use to help restrict unwanted web access, so I'm
sure the >1.9.2 update will help. Thanks for the feedback.

Ciao,
matthew