Install failure due to Checksum (md5) mismatch for patch

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Aug 15 22:23:31 PDT 2010

On Aug 16, 2010, at 00:20, System Admin wrote:

> On Aug 16, 2010, at 12:17 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Aug 15, 2010, at 20:48, System Admin wrote:
>>
>>> Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for patch.4.6.21.1
>>> Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for patch.4.6.21.2
>>> Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for patch.4.6.21.3
>>> Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for patch.4.6.21.4
>>> Error: Target org.macports.checksum returned: Unable to verify file checksums
>>> Log for db46 is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_databases_db46/main.log
>>> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: php5 apache2 apr-util db46 expat libiconv gperf mysql5 openssl readline ncurses ncursesw postgresql83 bison gettext m4 libxml2 libxslt ossp-uuid sqlite3 pcre bzip2 autoconf213 gawk perl5 perl5.8 gsed libtool automake autoconf help2man p5-locale-gettext mhash pkgconfig
>>> Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>>> To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>
>>> server:~ sadmin$
>>>
>>> Any ideas where to go next ?
>>
>> File a bug report in the issue tracker. Instructions are at the URL displayed above.
>

>>> http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
>
> Unknown username email or password.

I assume you're saying you tried to log into Trac to report the ticket, but you got that error message? You do need to register for an account in Trac before you can create a ticket.... If you already have, are you sure the username and password you are entering are correct?

P.S: Please Reply All (not Reply) so your replies go to the list too, not just to me.