Ports applications are not shown to Mac Application menu

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Sat Aug 21 16:16:11 PDT 2010

On Aug 21, 2010, at 3:28 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Aug 20, 2010, at 14:16, C. Santos wrote:
>
>> I suppose that the same idea would be applied to claws-mail but I
>> don't feel comfortable to give it a try myself, I mean, to create a
>> patch.
>
> It looks like for claws-mail it's not so straightforward because
> when you run claws-mail from the command line, it does not put an
> icon in the dock. It's not an Aqua application at all, in fact; it's
> an X11 application. So creating a double-clickable icon for it is
> not as simple as it was for bzflag (that I know of).
>
> For X11 apps though you can put a shortcut into the Applications
> menu inside the X11 application. Once you open X11.app, choose
> Customize from the Applications menu in the menu bar to add
> additional programs, like claws-mail, to that menu.

I created one that is working on my system. Just for fun I used the
our makeicns program to create a nice icon.

I can contribute the diff to the claws-mail port OR we could create
claws-mail-launcher kinda like mysql5-server where all it does is
build the launcher app.

Ryan: What do you think?

// Brad