Removing/Blocking Specific Mirrors

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Sat Aug 21 18:54:08 PDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 20:37, Jeff Singleton <gvibe06 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Internap's Sourceforge mirror has been real pissy lately, at least for
> me.   Is there a way to just remove this one mirror from the list or
> blacklist it so that it is skipped when using SF's repository?

I'm not aware of a MacPorts blacklist, but you could edit your hosts
file to redirect internap.dl.sourceforge.net to localhost.

As in:
echo "127.0.0.1    internap.dl.sourceforge.net" >> /etc/hosts

It's not exactly elegant and a MacPorts specific configuration file
might be more desirable, but it'd work.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp eabb6fe6 d47c500f b2458f5d a7cc7abb f81c4e00