Can't create alias for pgAdmin3.app

Scott Webster sewebster at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 23:52:07 PDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 11:47 PM, Chris Velevitch
<chris.velevitch at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 16:40, Scott Webster <sewebster at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Maybe you don't have permissions to create the alias in that
>> directory?  I can't do it as my regular user for any of my apps
>> installed in /Applications for instance.  Can you do it for anything
>> else in /Applications?
>
> Yes, I can. This is the first time that I can recall not being able to
> make an alias.

I guess you could check out the permissions on the
/Applications/MacPorts directory to make sure your user can make files
in there, or you could cmd-opt-drag to put the alias somewhere else
where you have permissions.  But perhaps you are already saying this
isn't the problem, in which case I am out of ideas.  Here is a related
discussion:

http://discussions.info.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2227636

Scott