tsocks does not work

James Hozier guitarscn1 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 08:49:45 PDT 2010

$ DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib tsocks irc
dyld: could not load inserted library: /opt/local/lib/libtsocks.dylib

Trace/BPT trap
$ DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib tsocks irc
dyld: could not load inserted library: /opt/local/lib/libtsocks.dylib

Trace/BPT trap
$

Funny thing is, tsocks/torify irssi works fine, and it uses Tor. Why cannot irc or Firefox use it? I get the errors mentioned above with most other applications I try to use it with.