gcc42 hangs

Raphael Attie attie at mps.mpg.de
Mon Feb 1 06:19:04 PST 2010

Le 1 févr. 10 à 15:06, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :

>>> sudo port install gcc43
>>
>> it hangs at the build...
>

> It will take over an hour to build on a modern fast Intel Mac, and
> much longer on older slower Macs. How long have you let it go? You
> can use the debug switch to see what's happening:
>
> sudo port -d install gcc43

I see. I let it for about ~1 hour. I'll just run it again and will be
more patient.
I am unfamiliar with building gcc. How come it is that slow ?

Will macport automatically change the symbolic links in /usr/bin ? or
will it keep things internal to the macport tree (it's what i'd
intuitively expect) ?