kmymoney doesn't work

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Wed Feb 3 15:27:25 PST 2010

Hi list,

I installed kmymoney from macports on my new iMac. I was surprised to see that after a little bit of confusion with "universal" variant I got the thing compiled and installed with all dependencies no problem.

I learnt that I need to start dcopserver before trying to run kmymoney...

BUT, unfortunately, I am still not at the end... :(

When I start kmymoney it has several complaints:

1) A message box telling me this:
       Configuration file "/Users/marko/.kde/share/config/kmymoney2rc" not writable.
       Configuration file "/Users/marko/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals" not writable.

Well, probably fixable if I create said directories manually before running kmymoney...

2) Another message box stating this:
       Could not find mime type
       application/octet-stream

Oh, well, I don't seem to have a properly setup KDE...

3) In the homepage window one will find:
       An error occurred while loading file:///opt/local/share/apps/kmymoney2/html/home.html:
       Could not start process Unable to create io-slave: Permission denied.

There is no io-slave...

4) If I dare to open a file I get a warning dialog:
       No mime types installed.

    and then followed by another warning dialog:

       Malformed URL
       file:///Users/marko

The application throws tons of lines with "Permission denied" statements, see below.

Looks like my X11+QT+KDE3 is not properly configured to let kmymoney function seemlessly.

Any ideas and hints?

Greets,
Marko

---------------
markos-imac:~ marko$ kmymoney
Qt: Locales not supported on X server
trying to create local folder /Users/marko/.kde/share: Permission denied
kdecore (KConfigSkeleton): Creating KConfigSkeleton (0x1029656b0)
trying to create local folder /Users/marko/.kde/share: Permission denied
kdecore (KConfigSkeleton): KConfigSkeleton::readConfig()
trying to create local folder /Users/marko/.kde/share: Permission denied
trying to create local folder /Users/marko/.kde/cache-markos-imac: Permission denied
kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from /Users/marko/.kde/cache-markos-imac/ksycoca
kio (KSycoca): Could not open ksycoca
trying to create local folder /Users/marko/.kde/cache-markos-imac: Permission denied
kio (KSycoca): findFactory: we have no database.... launching kdeinit
trying to create local folder /Users/marko/.kde/share: Permission denied
trying to create local folder /Users/marko/.kde/tmp-markos-imac: Permission denied
kmymoney2: WARNING: KTempFile: Error trying to create /Users/marko/.kde/tmp-markos-imac/startkdeinitlockXXXXXX.tmp: Permission denied
kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from /Users/marko/.kde/cache-markos-imac/ksycoca
kio (KSycoca): Could not open ksycoca
kdeui (KDatePicker): KDatePicker::dateChangedSlot: date changed (2010/2/4).
trying to create local folder /Users/marko/.kde/cache-markos-imac: Permission denied
kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from /Users/marko/.kde/cache-markos-imac/ksycoca
kio (KSycoca): Could not open ksycoca
trying to create local folder /Users/marko/.kde/cache-markos-imac: Permission denied
kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from /Users/marko/.kde/cache-markos-imac/ksycoca
kio (KSycoca): Could not open ksycoca
trying to create local folder /Users/marko/.kde/share: Permission denied
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype KMyMoneyPlugin not found
kutils (KPluginSelector): [void KPluginSelector::checkNeedForTabWidget()]
kutils (KPluginSelector): [void KPluginSelector::addPlugins(const QValueList<KPluginInfo*>&, const QString&, const QString&, KConfig*)] cfgGroup = 0x1039e9090
khtml (part): KHTMLPart(0x1038ea340)::openURL file:///opt/local/share/apps/kmymoney2/html/home.html
trying to create local folder /Users/marko/.kde/share: Permission denied
trying to create local folder /Users/marko/.kde/cache-markos-imac: Permission denied
kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from /Users/marko/.kde/cache-markos-imac/ksycoca
kio (KSycoca): Could not open ksycoca
trying to create local folder /Users/marko/.kde/cache-markos-imac: Permission denied
kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from /Users/marko/.kde/cache-markos-imac/ksycoca
kio (KSycoca): Could not open ksycoca
trying to create local folder /Users/marko/.kde/share: Permission denied
trying to create local folder /Users/marko/.kde/socket-markos-imac: Permission denied
kmymoney2: WARNING: KTempFile: Error trying to create /Users/marko/.kde/socket-markos-imac/kmymoney2XXXXXX.slave-socket: Permission denied
kmymoney2: ERROR: : couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave: Permission denied
khtml (part): KHTMLPart::showError d->m_bParsing=false d->m_bComplete=true d->m_bCleared=false
khtml (part): KHTMLPart::htmlError errorCode=3 text=Unable to create io-slave: Permission denied
trying to create local folder /Users/marko/.kde/cache-markos-imac: Permission denied
kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from /Users/marko/.kde/cache-markos-imac/ksycoca
kio (KSycoca): Could not open ksycoca
trying to create local folder /Users/marko/.kde/cache-markos-imac: Permission denied
kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from /Users/marko/.kde/cache-markos-imac/ksycoca
kio (KSycoca): Could not open ksycoca
khtml (part): KHTMLPart(0x1038ea340)::openURL file:///opt/local/share/apps/kmymoney2/html/home.html
kio (KIOJob): Job::kill this=0x1029e99e0 KIO::TransferJob m_progressId=0 quietly=true
khtml (part): Aborted before starting to render, reverting location bar to file:///opt/local/share/apps/kmymoney2/html/home.html
khtml (part): KHTMLPart(0x1038ea340)::openURL file:///opt/local/share/apps/kmymoney2/html/home.html
kresources: Factory::self()
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype KResources/Plugin not found
kresources: ManagerImpl::ManagerImpl()
kresources: Connecting DCOP signals...
kresources: ManagerImpl::readConfig()
kresources: Factory::self()
trying to create local folder /Users/marko/.kde/share: Permission denied
kabc: StdAddressBook::StdAddressBook( bool )
kresources: Factory::resource( file, config )
kresources: Factory::resource() no such type file
kabc: No resource available!!!
kresources: ManagerImpl::writeConfig()
kresources: Saving general info
kresources: ManagerImpl::save() finished
kabc: AddressBook::asyncLoad()
kdeui (KDatePicker): KDatePicker::dateChangedSlot: date changed (2010/2/4).
trying to create local folder /Users/marko/.kde/socket-markos-imac: Permission denied
kmymoney2: WARNING: KTempFile: Error trying to create /Users/marko/.kde/socket-markos-imac/kmymoney2XXXXXX.slave-socket: Permission denied
kmymoney2: ERROR: : couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave: Permission denied
khtml (part): KHTMLPart::showError d->m_bParsing=false d->m_bComplete=true d->m_bCleared=false
khtml (part): KHTMLPart::htmlError errorCode=3 text=Unable to create io-slave: Permission denied
trying to create local folder /Users/marko/.kde/share: Permission denied
khtml (part): KHTMLPart(0x1038ea340)::openURL file:///opt/local/share/apps/kmymoney2/html/home.html
kdecore (KConfigSkeleton): KConfigSkeleton::writeConfig()
kdecore (KConfigSkeleton): KConfigSkeleton::readConfig()
kparts: KPart::slotWidgetDestroyed(), deleting part unnamed
kparts: 0x103bac900 emitting activePartChanged 0x0
kparts: Part::~Part 0x1038ea340
kabc: StdAddressBook::saveAll()
kresources: ManagerImpl::~ManagerImpl()
markos-imac:~ marko$