gnome, anyone?

George Thiruvathukal thiruvathukal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 19:29:28 PST 2010

Joshua,

Turns out that the last part (adding -d) was very helpful to me.  I
discovered that all of the errors were not being shown. As luck would have
it, there was a problem locating one of the pam header files.  So the
include of <pam/pam_appl.h> needs to be replaced with <security/pam_appl.h>.
I'm not sure where to report this issue. (I will try to follow up on the
trac.macports.org site but did not immediately figure out how to log in and
follow up on the issue.)

And for completeness, I am on Snow Leopard. I'm guessing something else will
go wrong soon, but we're gradually progressing through the rest of the
packages. Wish me luck!

Thanks for your help.

George

--