#23312: Unable to detect PHP version

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Thu Feb 4 21:27:49 PST 2010

On Feb 4, 2010, at 3:34 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Feb 4, 2010, at 15:40, John Korchok wrote:
>
>> I originally wrote about not being able to upgrade php5-oracle on
>> one server. Now the problem exists on two servers. Ryan gave the
>> advice to replace the usr/bin/HEAD with the original /user/bin/
>> head. I finally got around to trying this. /usr/bin does not
>> contain "HEAD", it contains only "head". This head is dated August
>> 22, 2005 like all the other versions of head on all my other Macs
>> that have Tiger installed. Running a binary comparison to head from
>> a Mac that never had LWP installed shows them to be identical files.
>>
>> I now get the "Unable to detect PHP version" error on two G4
>> servers that have Tiger installed. What else could be causing the
>> error?
>
> I replied to this yesterday:
>
> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2010-February/011217.html

That's the message I was trying to find. I knew I'd seen Ryan answer
this but I must have deleted my copy.

I have just installed both oracle-instantclient and php5-oracle
without issue other then having to download manually which the port
for oracle-instantclient explains.

Mine was an install and not an upgrade.

Mac OS X 10.5.8 Intel Core 2

// Brad