kile-devel & deps ports failing on Tiger OSX 10.4-intel

Joachim Osnabryg osna at jpberlin.de
Sun Feb 7 11:00:07 PST 2010

With the help of Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>
- see thread "automoc install failed on OSX 10.4 intel" - …

>>> simpler fix is to just go into /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk and
>>> make a symlink "opt" there pointing to /opt, like this:
>>> sudo ln -s /opt /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/opt

… I could $ sudo port install automoc
without errors.

> Great!

Hopefully I went ahead then with another $ sudo port install kile-devel
but there were many many errors and warnings, ending with:
------------
Warning: the following items did not execute (for soprano):
org.macports.activate org.macports.build org.macports.destroot
org.macports.install
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: kdebase4-runtime
kdelibs4 soprano kdelibs4-experimental kdepimlibs4 akonadi boost boost-jam
gpgme gnupg libusb libgpg-error pth libical openldap icu oxygen-icons
qimageblitz kdegraphics4 chmlib djvulibre exiv2 libspectre poppler gtk2
atk pango openjpeg poppler-data qca sane-backends libusb-compat
-----------

Given
the Library Dependencies: kdelibs4, kdebase4-runtime, kdegraphics4,
I prefered then to go ahead stepwise, first installing the
=> kdelibs4 port,
which unfurtunately ended with:
-------------------
Warning: the following items did not execute (for soprano):
org.macports.activate org.macports.build org.macports.destroot
org.macports.install
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: soprano
----------------------
(I'm attaching the last part of the debug output - after the first error -
as .txt)

Being at a loss also with this, I asked again, what I could do further to
overcome this problem for the kdelibs4 port - on the way to finally
getting kile-devel installed.

Or do you regard my stepwise approach useless, so that I should make
another try to install the kile-devel port at once and, when failing, send
you the whole terminal output?

Or better to give up now?

joachim
--
Mac BacicTeX 2009 - TeXShop 2.29 / TeXworks 0.2.3
LyX 1.6.5 - MacBook Pro intel OSX 10.4.11 Tiger