install of old version of php5-postgresql also installs newest mysql5?

awmartin awmartin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 21:29:13 PST 2010

Apparently, the version of Rails I was using didn't agree with MySQL 5.1 for
some reason. I think it was originally the MySQL gem. I side-stepped the
whole issue by installing Rails 2.3.4, then installing the latest versions
without the +mysql5 variant for php5. I knew about the removal of other
packages from php itself, which is why I wanted the php5-postgresql module.
Thanks for the reply, it helps very much to understand the workings of
dependencies more fully and the -n switch.