install of old version of php5-postgresql also installs newest mysql5?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Feb 9 21:50:14 PST 2010

MacPorts can also sometimes get confused about dependencies. Consider the case when you have php5 @5.3.0_1+mysql5 installed (which depends on mysql5) and also php5 @5.3.0_2 or later (which doesn't) -- only one of these is active, but they're both installed. All mysql5 knows is that it was installed because of php5; it doesn't know which of the php5s brought it in. Basically if you at any time had a php5 that depended on mysql5, MacPorts considers mysql5 a dependency of php5, even if in the mean time you've upgraded to a php5 that no longer depends on mysql5. The workaround is to uninstall all versions of php5, then reinstall the one you want. This will clear out the relationship between php5 and mysql5. (Whew!)