gcc45 doesn't build on snow leopard

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Feb 16 19:36:28 PST 2010

On Feb 16, 2010, at 10:14, Vic Kelson wrote:

> I ran it with -d turned on -- how do I find the results?
> --v

Assuming you ran

sudo port clean gcc45
sudo port -d install gcc45

the debug output will be printed right on the screen. You can direct that output to a file so it's easier to attach to a ticket, using

sudo port -d install gcc45 2>&1 | tee ~/Desktop/gcc45.txt

You may want to compress the output before attaching, using

bzip2 ~/Desktop/gcc45.txt

Then attach gcc45.txt.bz2 from the desktop to the ticket.

Remember to reply all so the discussion remains on the list.